Monday, March 26, 2007

The Essence of Youth

The Essence of Youth

Oh, to be young again! :D Here are the pictures of my favorite wayang book. I own most of them (well, now I don't know where they are, but at least...it gives me thrill and happiness just looking at the pictures :D. Pictures courtesy of Anelinda. Kindly visit the webbie, they've got tons of good stuffs there ;).









Bharatayudha, my favourite! Sad, but full of lessons in life...War does much more harm than good apparently. Well, I'm definitely a Pacifist! :P. Don't forget the Bhawadgita, a lesson given to Arjuna when he feels sad and helpless. The ilustrations are great, and you'll get much more than a glimpse of what this 'Lesson of Life' is.


Parikesit, after Bharatayudha is over, it's time for the new generation. Don't like it very much, but it's worth reading :).


Definitely my fave! I love Srikandi, and love the cover as well. The image of a woman warrior is so cool! There is also a Javanese dance called Srikandi-Mustokoweni, telling a stories on how the two women fighting over the Jamus Kalimasadha.


I don't own these two comics, will soon add them to my wishlist. Been ordering by phone for the past two years, and venturing to any bookstore available. Btw, went to Plaza Semanggi during the recess week spent back home, and found a bookstore selling those comics! I was so ecstatic, but there were some books not for sale, since they were too rare. Huhu...hope someone would sell those books. *pray hard*





2 comments:

Apret said...

Oh begitu toh bentuknya komik wayang

Kalo diadaptasi jadi gambar manga pasti keren, banyak bishounen *slurph*

Apret terkapar dipentung Adilla

Adilla said...

Hohoho...boleh juga Yu, kalo mau dibikin cross-over :D. Tapi ini kan co tipe A semua, udah gitu secara tinggi badan bisa masuk TN semua, bisa ya jadi bishounen? :P :P

*Adilla terkapar dipentung balik Ayu*