Tuesday, May 01, 2007

To Deserve or Not To Deserve

A classic question really. but unfathomable nonetheless. Who are we people to judge anyway? True blue that people always want the best for themselves, yet they do almost nothing to gain it.
It's no-free-lunch world after all, what we see is what we get, and yet, we couldn't get it for free. Not anymore.

Now I'm confused. I really want to be more relax and have the much needed I-just-couldn't-care-less attitude. But I can't. And will never have it probably. Sometimes it looks unfair, yes I know, but maybe we can't be too demanding in dealing with life. When it rains, it pours, and it does not mean bad. Not at all.

Prayer is all we need I guess. So sorry I can't be too supportive myself. It's just that I may be too engulfed in my own thoughts. It takes two to tango, and I can't thank you enough, I really can't. You have sacrificed much more and deserve much more than what you already have (and I really do hope you have more than what you have now!). Maybe we have become a burden to you. I'm so sorry. Because Allah gives us what we need instead of what we want. Probably it's not the right time. Yet.

Edited: Mungkin benar kita tidak harus bahagia. Mungkin the Pursuit of Happiness cuma simbol, dan American Dream cuma sesuatu yang didengungkan Fitzgerald dalam the Jazz Age, era yang dia ciptakan sendiri. Selalu ada alasan untuk merasa tidak bahagia, tetapi selalu kurang alasan untuk merasa bahagia. Mungkin itu cuma sekedar konsep, dimana pengejawantahannya ada di hati masing-masing. Bahagia adalah kemampuan bersyukur dan wanting what you have, not having what you want :). I suppose I have much more things in the world that make me happy than things that possibly would make me unhappy. Alhamdulillah :).

No comments: