Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Woodwork

Dear,

Finished reading Agnes Grey yesterday. Quite touching indeed, and I must say despite the less profound character development, I prefer Agnes Grey to Jane Eyre. It is much simpler, and there are less characters in Agnes Grey, so I find it easier to relate to them.

Oh, and by the way, I have a new addiction! Just found about this thing yesterday, not actually something new since I've been hoping to have this thing when I read Laura Ingalls Wilder's books.

Checked the price in ebay. Blah, most of them are so pricey. I really have to resort to doing a little bit of trickery (aka look for it in Jalan Surabaya or other antique shop in Jakarta) rather than ordering online. It can be a bit hard on the wallet by the way. :(

You can see the picture of Victorian Lapdesk here:



And another one:




It's so wonderful to live in such a literary-minded world of Victorian! Lots of letter-writing, book-reading, and probably drama-performing. But maybe during that time any form of arts is only for the rich. *sigh*

No comments: